One afternoon while Amanda was driving home from college, a reckless driver suddenly turned in front of her. Frantically she swerved across multiple lanes, but Amanda couldn’t avoid the crash. The accident was over in seconds, but her spinal injuries would last a lifetime. With $60,000 worth of medical bills and an uncertain future, Amanda wondered how to begin repairing her life.
Fortunately, Amanda hired KL Injury Attorneys, who immediately spoke with her insurance company. When the insurer offered only $10,000 for her pain and suffering, KL took the case to court. By the end of the trial, the jury awarded Amanda–$353,000. Amanda’s final verdict was not a matter of luck. It was the result of hiring an experienced law firm that’s not afraid to fight in court.
But with 96,511 personal injury attorneys in Florida (and growing), how can injury victims like Amanda make sure they choose the best firm to win their case? The key is to look for characteristics that make personal injury attorneys successful.
Core Qualities of Top Personal Injury Attorneys
1. A rock-solid history of successful settlements and judgments
Let the records speak for themselves. A successful personal injury (PI) attorney should have a documented history of winning cases and maximizing settlements for their clients. The best personal injury attorneys will help you recover lost wages and acquire funds to cover property damage, pain, suffering, and more. KL Injury Attorneys has recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements, including many seven-figure cases for deserving South Florida victims.
2. A list of happy Clients who trust them
Past client reviews are the most important criteria to look for when choosing a personal injury attorney to win your case. The attorney should have numerous client testimonials available with plenty of details that back up their claims. One of the best reviews a personal injury attorney can get is treating clients like family rather than a case number. This generally tells you that the attorney will be there for you every step of the way and fight like crazy to make sure you win.
“I feel like I got very personalized care from KL,” says Priscilla, one of KL’s clients who enthusiastically shared her experience with the firm. “They were like my friends,” she said.
3. They specialize in your type of injury
Personal injury law includes many incidents, such as automobile accidents, slip and falls, product liability, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents, nursing home abuse, and more. Each case type has nuances that affect whether you can file a claim, how much you can collect, and whether you should go to trial.
After Amanda’s car accident, she expressed concern about taking her insurer to court, fearing the company would drop her coverage. She needed an attorney to guide her through the process. Unfortunately, many law firms avoid taking insurance companies to court because they don’t have the experience, knowledge, or patience to see it through. Instead, they pressure clients like Amanda to accept the settlement offer. But due to KL’s expertise in auto accidents, they were eager to fight in court and win Amanda the money she deserved.
4. Their experienced attorneys contact you immediately
At larger firms, you probably won’t hear from an attorney until your files have gone to the insurer and are up for demand. That can take up to a year, leading to mistakes and missed opportunities in the investigation process. If your legal team doesn’t give your file the attention it deserves from the onset, they may fail to preserve evidence, perform vehicle inspections, and gather the witness statements and video surveillance you need to win the case.
KL makes it a point to assign an experienced lead attorney right away, so nothing gets missed. KL’s legal team works diligently to gather the necessary evidence, create a winning strategy, and communicate its progress to you throughout the entire process.
5. They do all the work so you can focus on rest and recovery
When you hire the right personal injury law firm, it should lift a huge burden from your shoulders. A qualified law firm will have a team that takes care of all the details, including paperwork, phone calls, and any drama that arises from the other side, leaving you to focus on your recovery. Unfortunately, most large firms don’t provide such individualized treatment.
KL Injury Attorneys guides its clients through every step of the process. Chris Perry, a former client, says: “I was able to focus on my recovery while they handled the tedious process of dealing with two mega insurance companies.”
Priscilla added. “I never felt like I didn’t know what was happening next.”
6. They have bedside manner that net results
You need a qualified legal team that can advise and support you through an emotionally challenging process. You also need attorneys who can translate your pain and suffering into words that win over jurors. KL’s attorneys have a reputation for being kind and caring to their clients, yet tenacious and fierce when they need to be. KL’s co-founder, Bennett Lessmann, is a teddy bear at heart, but insurance companies know to “Fear the Beard” in the courtroom.
“I definitely felt like I had a Pitbull in my corner, and [Bennett] was protecting his pup,” Priscilla says.
In Amanda’s car accident case, Bennett and the KL team supported her in securing medical care while fighting for the compensation she deserved. To win the $353K verdict, KL proved Amanda’s injuries would affect her entire future: permanent spinal pain, neck cramps, fear when driving–plus her future goals to join the FBI were in jeopardy. The most successful personal injury attorneys will guide you through recovery while hawkishly defending you and building a compelling case.
7. They earn your trust with hard work and honesty
The foundation of every attorney-client relationship is trust. After meeting with a lawyer for the first time, consider what your instincts tell you about their integrity. Are they making outlandish promises? Do you feel pressured to commit to them right away?
Robert Estep, a KL client who was involved in a severe car accident, says: “[KL] was always polite and informative, but more importantly, they weren’t pushy.”
Your attorney must hold space for you to decide whether you want to move forward with their services. If you don’t feel you can trust them from the start, you may want to look elsewhere.
How KL Builds Trust with Personal Injury Victims
- KL asks the right questions. When Priscilla first contacted KL Injury Attorneys about her case, she was impressed by how thorough they were. “KL was very organized, they asked all the right questions, and they had all the right answers. It was easy to see KL had a good team together.”
- KL keeps it honest. KL Injury Attorneys has years of experience winning settlements for South Florida victims. They’ll tell you right away if your case has merit and the likelihood that you can win based on state law. KL will never make promises they can’t keep. Their attorneys give you honest opinions and free advice when you call for the first-time because they never want you to feel intimidated to ask questions. Whether or not they can help, KL will give you meaningful guidance about how to proceed.
- KL digs deep into every case. When you move forward with KL, their team starts immediately reviewing the police report, contacting witnesses, and attaining security footage, if available. To make sure every single detail is covered, they’ll also ask you questions about the accident while it’s fresh in your mind. Then they’ll continue gathering all the assets and testimonies they need to prove your case. Along the way, KL’s team will keep you updated on the status of every step.
- KL is an open book. KL has extensive experience winning personal injury lawsuits in throughout Florida and a long list of clients, like Priscilla, ready to share their stories with you. KL’s track record of success spans the region including Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Coconut Creek, Deerfield Beach, Delray Beach, Fort Myers and the Treasure Coast.
- KL responds fast and stays in constant contact. Unlike larger firms with excessive caseloads, KL never lets a month go by without talking to you. They only take cases they can give personalized attention to and make sure to communicate daily or weekly with the information you need.
- KL treats clients like family. KL will tell you about their experience, history of success, and how they can support you on the road to recovery. They will never oversell themselves or make promises they can’t keep. KL treats you like family, which means they’re always upfront, transparent, and reliable.
- KL utilizes a vast network of resources, including medical and investigative tools, to produce the proof they need to get the outcome you deserve. Plus, KL never relies on phone calls and police reports alone to do their job. Instead, their team of attorneys and paralegals personally gather witness statements, visit accident scenes to collect physical evidence, and talk to subject matter experts to gather critical testimonies. KL doesn’t accept payment unless their clients win. KL Injury Attorneys work on a contingency basis. That means they only get paid when they settle or win a case. If you don’t succeed, they don’t either.
There’s no shortage of personal injury attorneys in Florida. Fortunately, finding one who will treat you like family and go to bat for you to get the best outcome for your case is infinitely more manageable when you know what to look for. A solid history of success, happy clients with enthusiastic testimonials, and constant communication are all essential qualities to look for when choosing a successful personal injury attorney.
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence and want to speak with a firm that gives the attention you deserve, contact KL Injury Attorneys to get started. It only takes a minute to get the ball rolling with a no-pressure phone call or email today.